Join us for the 29th NAJCF, July 8-12, 2018 at the Stamford Hilton, Stamford CT
Held each summer since 1990, The North American Jewish Choral Festival is the premiere Jewish choral event anywhere. It brings together singers and choirs from across North America and beyond, with a renowned teaching staff, conductors, composers and other music professionals to sing, learn and share the joy of Jewish music. The Festival draws hundreds of participants for five days of intensive workshops, study, concerts, fun and friendship. Favorite Festival activities include:
- Daily Community Sings, in which new music as well as classical favorites are taught to the entire Festival community by a variety of talented musicians;
- "Instant Ensembles" for all singing participants; led by acclaimed conductors, these ensembles rehearse for four days and perform for each other at a gala closing concert;
- Evening concerts, featuring outstanding vocal ensembles, choruses and soloists
- Workshops led by renowned clinicians covering everything from vocal techniques to the history of Jewish music and ritual; from Hassidic song and Yiddish choral repertoire to music from Eastern traditions and popular new styles from Israel
- Late night gatherings, including Jewish music sing-alongs, videos and more.
A highlight of each Festival since 1994 has also been the Hallel V’Zimrah Award ceremony, recognizing the special contributions of designated award recipients to the continuing vitality of Jewish culture.
The North American Jewish Choral Festival attracts amateur singers, professional soloists, conductors, cantors, and lovers of Jewish music from across the geographic, generational and denominational spectrum in an unforgettable experience.
If you love Jewish music, you’ve got to be there!